Navigation Menu
Palazzo Spinelli

Palazzo Spinelli

Massive civic building

  • Author: redazione
  • Date Posted: Oct 24, 2016
  • Category:
  • Address: Via Cantogrande, Aieta

The Palace of Via Cantogrande in Aieta, also known as Palazzo Spinelli, got its actual appearance in 1550, due to renovations operated by Martirano families and Cosentino. Its Renaissance style is the best Calabrian civil construction representation of the whole sixteenth century.

Its outstanding characteristic is the Loggia overlooking the west side of the building, its columns and arches make up an architectural first level effort.

The City Council of Aieta has become owner of this building in 1980 and within a few decades has led to it a splendour never seen before.